Towson Drug Crime Lawyers
Convictions for drug crimes in the state of Maryland can result in serious penalties including significant fines, jail time, and a damaging criminal record. When you or someone that you love is facing serious drug charges, you need immediate and aggressive criminal defense. At the Towson, Maryland Law Offices of John Grason Turnbull III, P.C., our Towson drug crime lawyers handle both state and federal cases, including complex conspiracy defense cases.
Please contact our team of Towson drug crime lawyers for a free consult. Serving those facing drug crime charges throughout the Annapolis, Bel Air, Havre De Grace, Glen Burnie, Columbia, Esses, Ellicott City, Towson and Baltimore areas.
Our Towson, Maryland drug crime defense attorneys offer aggressive defense to drug crimes. They work to protect the rights of our clients facing serious penalties including jail time, fines, and a damaging criminal record. If you are facing charges for a drug offense, contact us today for a free consultation if you are facing any type of drug charge or criminal charge in the Annapolis, Baltimore, Bel Air, Columbia, Ellicott City, Essex, Glen Burnie or Towson, Maryland areas.
Our Narcotics Crime Defense Attorneys are experienced with all of the following drug crimes issues:
- Drug possession: cocaine, marijuana, heroin, ecstasy
- Drug trafficking
- Prescription drug possession such as Vicodin, Percocet, Norco’s, Valium, Xanax, muscle relaxers
- Illegal substances such as designer drugs, diet drugs, Cialis, Viagra, growth hormone and anabolic steroids
- Money laundering to hide money raised by manufacturing and or selling drugs
- Drug paraphernalia possession
- Drugged driving
Maryland Penalties For Illegal Possession Of Alcohol
Believe it or not alcohol is a drug and is the most common drug associated with any type of drug charge including DUI and DWI arrests in Maryland. Underage Consumption of Alcohol Laws in Maryand state:
(1) Minors younger than 18. The case will be treated as a juvenile delinquency action under Title 3, Subtitle 8A of the Maryland Courts Article. (Md. Crim. Law Section 10-119(f)(2).) The juvenile court judge has wide discretion to deal with juvenile offenders, including imposing counseling, community service, and fines. It is possible to ask the court to seal or shield these records from later public inspection. You should speak with your local court clerk about the procedure for sealing or shielding such records.
(2) Minors between the ages of 18 and 21. Violators may be fined up to $500. For subsequent violations, the sentencing judge will impose a fine of up to $1,000. (Md. Crim. Law Section 10-119(h)(1)(i)&(ii).)
Violations involving false identification. For these violations (such as attempting to purchase alcohol with a false driver’s license showing that the minor is over 21), in addition to the above fines; the sentencing court will notify the Motor Vehicle Administration. (Md. Crim. Law Section 10-119(k)(ii)(3).)
Penalties For Possession Or Distribution Of Drugs
According to MD. Code ANN. §5-601(c)(2):
- Simple possession (possession without the intent to distribute) of 10 grams or less in Maryland is a misdemeanor with a punishment of 90 days in jail and a maximum fine of $500.
- Possession of between 10 grams and 50 lbs. of marijuana is a misdemeanor with a punishment of up to one year imprisonment and a fine not exceeding $1,000.
According to MD. CODE ANN. §5-607(a):
- Possession with intent to distribute of less than 50 lbs. of marijuana in Maryland is a felony with a punishment of up to 5 years imprisonment and a fine not exceeding $15,000.
Suppression of Evidence in Drug Crimes Cases
One of the most powerful tools in drug crimes defense is the ability to suppress evidence that has been illegally obtained. If you, your car, or your home were unlawfully searched, we can seek to suppress evidence illegally obtained. Without drug evidence, it is very difficult for the government to obtain a conviction.
Asset Forfeiture In Maryland Drug Crime Cases
We are also experienced in helping clients with the peripheral matters of drug crimes charges, such as asset forfeiture. If you have lost property including a car, a home, or cash as a result of a drug crimes charge or conviction, we can help you seek to recover or protect your property from forfeiture.
Professional Licensure and Drug Crimes
We can also handle disciplinary proceedings for professionals facing drug charges. This can apply to anyone required to hold professional licensing credentials such as attorneys, doctors, nurses, teachers, childcare workers, liquor store owners, accountants, realtors and real estate brokers.
Where possible in the federal system, we are experienced in preindictment representation.
Contact Our Towson Drug Crime Defense Lawyers
Do not wait to contact us today at 410-321-8860 to speak with our experienced Towson drug crime lawyers regarding your pending drug crime charges. They offer free consultations and can answer any questions you have before proceeding in your case.
Mr. Turnbull serves many areas of Maryland including Towson, Annapolis, Abingdon, Aberdeen, Bel Air, Carney, Catonsville, Cockeysville, Dundalk, Edgemere, Ellicott City, Essex,Glen Burnie, Havre De Grace, Luthersville, Owings Mills, Timonium, Pikesville, Randallstown, Reistertown, Odenton, Pasadena, Crownsville, Linthicum, Edgewater, Severna Park, Crofton, Jessup, Crofton, Columbia, Joppatowne, Edgewood, Fallston, Churchville, Columbia, Scaggsville, Fulton, Elkridge, NorthLaurel, White Marsh, Baltimore, North East, Chesapeake City and Elkton, Maryland.
Free consultations • Hours are 9 am to 6 pm and evenings by appointment • Credit cards accepted • Personal injury cases taken on a contingency basis • Servicios del intérprete disponibles